Wayne County Treasurer | Wayne County, Ohio
Help and FAQs

What should I do if I did not receive my tax bill?

You need to determine where your bill was mailed. You can print a duplicate tax bill from our website. Call 330.287.5450

When are property taxes due?

Twice a year bills are issued in June/July and January/February. The exact closing date for each collection is on your tax bill.

What if I don't pay on time?

A 5% penalty will be added to the unpaid taxes the first 10 days after the due date.

A 10% penalty will be added to the unpaid taxes 10 days after the due date.

How much tax do I owe?

Go online to or Call 330.287.5450

Do you accept a personal check?

We accept personal checks made payable to: Wayne County Treasurer. Please make sure you include your Parcel numbers and a current phone number in the memo section of your check.

What are my tax rates?

The Tax Rate Sheet can be downloaded from our website.

What is the value of my property?

The County Auditor sets the valuation of your property for tax purposes. Call their real estate division at: 330.287.5430

What if I wish to challenge the valuation placed on my property?

You have the right to file a complaint with the Wayne County Board of Revision. Complaints must be filed by March 31st of each year. Complaint forms are available from the Wayne County Auditor's Office. Call 330.287.5430

I would like to have a paid receipt for my taxes. What do I need to do?

Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your tax bill and payment.

I can't remember if I paid my taxes. How can I find out?

Go online to or Call 330.287.5450

Do you accept credit cards?

Pay your Wayne County real estate and manufactured home tax with American Express, MasterCard, Discover, VISA, Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. The processor charges a fee equal to 2.35% (with a $2.00 minimum) of each credit/debit transaction amount, or $0.50 for E-check.

Credit Card payments may be made online through Autoagent, by calling 1-844-615-1900 or in person at the Treasurer’s office. Transactions completed by midnight on the due date are timely and will not be charged a penalty.

How can I make an address change?

Please make address changes on your tax bill in the space provided or call 330-287-5450.

What part of my taxes go to my local schools?

Look at the center right hand side of your tax bill or call 330-287-5450

My name has been misspelled on my tax bill and/or my name has changed. How do I correct this?

Call 330.287.5450

Do you accept postmark?

Yes, we will accept post mark envelopes from the post office.

Please note: We do not accept postmark for our delinquent billing cycle in September.

Do you charge a fee for returned checks/stop payments?

Yes, there will be a $15.00 fee for any check returned unpaid by your bank.

How are real estate taxes calculated?

Please contact the Auditor's Office at 330-287-5430.